| "Ready as I'll ever be."
This page is a stub, meaning that there is a lack of information on it. You can help Backstage Wikia by expanding the page.
Maria Schiller is a famous star choreographer who is also a former student at Keaton School of the Arts. She returns to help the freshmen for their dance showcase and stays for a while longer due to Miss Hannah being occupied. However, she gets fired in "Step Up" and is no longer a teacher at Keaton.
Maria used to dance at the National Ballet. Due to an injury, she is no longer a member of it and cannot dance.
She possibly got married at some point, then she had quadruplets.
Maria arrives at Keaton to polish up Step, Sister!, promising not to disappoint. She tells the dancers to take a break from the showcase and makes them learn a recreational hip-hop routine, for Vanessa's sake in order for her to relax and have fun.
Maria rescues Carly who had been locked in the changing room by Vanessa to prevent her from telling anyone about her ankle injury. Maria is told by Sasha, who at some point, confesses to Maria about Vanessa's ankle. As a result, Maria lectures Vanessa and tells her not to dance but she is pleaded by Vanessa to dance. Maria lets her dance. Maria is in the judging panel and watches as Vanessa falls resulting in her being hospitalized.
After the showcase, Maria continues to teach at Keaton and strictly tells Vanessa not to dance. However, she lets Vanessa be a choreographer and even lets her dance crew get some studio time.
Maria, with a friend from Juilliard, finds Julie dancing in the courtyard. As Julie is offered an audition at Juilliard, Maria encourages her to take the audition over her PSATs. Maria also mentions how students at her university paid people to write other people to sit exams for them but she discourages Julie to do so. It is found out that Julie paid someone else to do well on her PSATs and Maria is said to have told her of it. As a result, Maria is fired from Keaton.
Maria is a kind and encouraging individual. As a teacher, she is kind but can be firm when she needs to be. However, her kindness can get in the way of her strictness, seen as how she let Vanessa dance in the showcase causing her to fall on her ankle. She is very honest seen as she owns up to telling Julie of how people at university paid people to do exams for them.
Maria has light skin, brown eyes, and strawberry blonde hair that is usually in a bun.
- Main article: Maria Schiller/Outfits
Maria usually wears greens.
- "The Understudy"
- "Lose Yourself"
- "Plays Well with Others" (mentioned only)
- "Twelve Hours to Showtime"
- "Once in a Lifetime"
- "Friend or Foe"
- "Step Up"
- "Ensemble" (mentioned only)
- "After the Flood" (mentioned only)
- "Try Again" (mentioned only)
- Main article: Maria Schiller/Quotes
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "Restart." Wikia. Retrieved on September 24, 2016.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 "The Understudy." Wikia. Retrieved on September 24, 2016.
- ↑ "Lose Yourself." Wikia. Retrieved on September 24, 2016.
- ↑ "Twelve Hours to Showtime." Wikia. Retrieved on September 24, 2016.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 "Showtime." Wikia. Retrieved on September 24, 2016.
- ↑ "Verite." Wikia. Retrieved on September 24, 2016.
- ↑ "Friend or Foe." Wikia. Retrieved on September 24, 2016.
- ↑ "Once in a Lifetime." Wikia. Retrieved on September 24, 2016.
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 "Step Up." Wikia. Retrieved on September 24, 2016.